Schools are permitted to enter more than one Award category however separate applications must be entered targeting the specific category. Multiply entries with the one presentation will not be accepted.
All Award entries (except the HMA Journalism Award) are eligible for a Regional Award from which the State Awards and Kevin Heinze Perpetual Award winners are chosen.
To Enter an Application
To enter any of the Awards, you need to submit the online application form on this website attaching your power point/video presentation or word document.
You must first create a user login to register yourself on the VSGA site. Once you have registered and created a password, you can save your application but it will not be entered until you submit it, upon which time you will received email confirmation of your entry being received. 2017 Grant and Awrd entrants can use their previously log in details.
Presentations should be in the form of:
- Supplied in PPT, PPTX (PowerPoint) format
- No more than 20 slides long, including all relevant photos.
- Less than 15MB file size. (Tip: To keep file size down, re-size your photos)
- Supplied in MP4, MOV, MP3 format
- No longer than 3-5 minutes long. Judges will cease watching videos at the 5 minute mark.
- Less than 50MB file size. (Tip: To keep file size down, standard definition is recommended)
HMA Journalism Award for Best Horticulture Article
- Supplied in DOC, DOCX format with supporting photos included (high resolution photos will be required later from winner)
- Limit of 350 – 500 words