When can I apply for the 2018 VSGA grants?
Applications for the 2018 Grants will be received from the 1st March 2018
All application must be received by the Friday 27th April 2018 by 5pm to qualify.
Applicants will be notified of the success of their application and receive their grants by the end of May.
How do to I apply for a grant?
To apply for a grant you must use the online application form. A new and improved grant application system is was implemented in 2017.
You must create a user name and password to use the application system. Those who enter an Award or Grant application in 2017 may used the same log in details as last year. You will be required to remember your user name and password to return to saved grant applications.
Only when ‘Submit Application’ is selected will your application be sent and confirmation of the application’s entry be sent to you via email.
It is recommended that you save your application answers in a word document as a security measure then copy and paste them into the application.
Can I apply for more than one grant category?
Yes you can apply for all the grant categories if you wish, however, you have to enter separate entries targeting the specific category and you will only be able to receive one grant.
What activities does the VSGA Grants Program support?
- Purchase of plants/seedlings for inclusion in the garden project
- Composting, worm farms, green-waste recycling activities
- Edible gardens (eg. Vegetable gardens and bush tucker gardens)
- Native or indigenous gardens
- Sensory or butterfly gardens
- Gardens that are water-wise and encourage biodiversity
- Establishment of an orchard
- Creation of a turfed area within school grounds
- Purchase of gardening equipment (capped at 50% of the value of the grant)
What doesn’t the VSGA Grants Program support?
Funding from the VSGA Grants program should not be used for the following activities:
- Purchase of water tanks or irrigation infrastructure (exceeding 50% of the grants value)
- Purchase of chicken coop/run materials (exceeding 50% of the grant value)
- Purchase of gardening equipment (exceeding 50% of the grant value)
- Construction or upgrade of seating
- General beautification of the school
- Administration or labour costs
- Purchase of lawnmowers
- Purchase of cooking equipment
- Construction of garden sheds
Where can I use my Grant?
All grants (with the exception of the Turf , Orchard, AGS and VegTrug products) are provided in the form of nursery voucher. Vouchers can be redeemed at NGIV retail member nurseries. A list of nurseries will be provided with the vouchers.
When will I receive my Grant if I am successful?
All grants should be received by successful schools by the end of May and have until December 2018 to redeem them.